Ring Sizing Information
Tips on determining Ring Size:
Rings can be the most personal and individual of all jewelry, but sizing can be tricky. The most common sizes for women are between 5 and 7, while the most common sizes for men range between 8 and 11. Everyone has a unique ring size, and it may vary by thickness and shape of ring band! It’s a great idea to take an existing ring into a local jewelry shop to determine size, but if that’s not an option, there are some ways to approximate your ring size at home.
How to Measure Your Ring Size at Home:
- Choose the finger you want to measure. Keep in mind that you’re dominant hand will often have slightly larger sizes, though it’s not true for everyone.
- Wrap a section of string or paper (at least 3” long) snugly around the base of the knuckle of your finger.
- When the knuckle is bigger than the base of your finger, measure both places and pick a size between the two. It’s most accurate to measure your fingers at the end of the day, on a neutral temperature day (cold temps make your finger shrink, warm makes them swell.) Dry climates and elevation can affect your size, as well as physical exertion and even sodium intake and diet. Measure several times for accuracy.
- Mark the point where the ends of the string or paper overlap meet with a pencil.
- Measure the string or paper with a ruler that uses millimeters (mm). Make sure if you’re using a printable ring size chart, that it corresponds with US sizing.
- Use the following chart (or a printable ring size chart, found online) to determine your closest size—keep in mind that sizes may be divisible down to half sizes or even quarter sizes, and determine size (or size range) accordingly. Thicker bands will require you to slightly size up, thinner bands may cause you to slightly size down.
- Keep in mind that this will only approximate sizes—it’s always most accurate to have your size measured in person at a local jeweler or jewelry shop.
Approx. US ring size <> Mm:
—What to do if you purchase the wrong size:
Here at El Loro, everything is currently final sale due to Covid, so we will be unable to return or exchange a ring due to being the wrong size. Please contact us prior to purchase with any questions!! If your ring ends up being the wrong size, there are semi-permanent options such as a ring guard, and permanent methods to size most rings; you should refer to your local jeweler for more info and options.